Propane is a by-product of the refinement of natural gases, and is an increasingly popular choice of fuel for the heating of residential and industrial buildings. Unlike many traditional heating methods, propane is relatively eco-friendly because it emits far less carbon dioxide. New propane furnace models often have an energy efficiency rating of 97%. It is also safe and efficient.
At Mountain Air Heating and Cooling, our certified technicians know all about the many different models available. If you live near Stephen City, Virginia, give us a call if you are looking to install or repair a propane furnace.
Signs it is Time for a New Heating Unit:
- Heating Bills – The price to heat a home does generally rise every year. However, if you notice a large increase between this year and last year or even between this month and last month, it means your furnace is not working properly.
- Varying Room Temperatures – A common sign that a heating unit is malfunctioning is if one room is very hot and another is very cold. This means that the air is not being distributed correctly.
- Air Quality – Air circulation is an important function of any heating unit. It ensures the air is fresh and clean, as well as the desired temperature. If filters or air ducts become dirty or clogged, you may notice a significant decrease in the air quality of your home.
- Strange noises – Sounds like bangs, pops, rattles, or squeals mean that your furnace is either broken or very old.
- Bad Odors – A rotten egg smell means that there is a propane gas leak. If you notice such a smell, call a technician immediately and leave the building.
Propane Furnace Repairs & Installation
There are many websites that will explain how to install a propane furnace all by yourself. However, gas units can be tricky and improper installation can lead to building code violations, not to mention serious safety concerns. If you are considering installing a new furnace or upgrading your old unit, your best bet is to hire an experienced professional who can connect the unit in a fast and safe procedure. Call us today and we will provide you with a free cost estimate.
Propane Furnace Servicing and Maintenance
More often than not, the only time people think about their furnaces is when they start to malfunction. Although propane furnaces require minimal maintenance, regular inspections by qualified service technicians can guarantee that your heating unit won’t break down in the dead of winter when it is needed most. We offer annual maintenance plans to give you peace of mind when it comes to knowing that your home is safely heated. It will also save you the trouble of having to remember to schedule an appointment each year.
Propane Furnace Repair
There are a great variety of furnace models and system set-ups. With over 40 years of experience in the industry, we can say with confidence that we have seen just about all of them. Costs do vary depending on the type of unit you have, its size, and the repairs necessary. The average price tends to range from $300 to $400. By contacting us via phone or email, we can give you a more definitive appraisal.
To learn more about how Mountain Air Heating and Cooling can help you with propane furnace installation, servicing, or repair, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are also available 24/7 in the event of an emergency.