There are many different furnace service and repair companies out there from which you can choose, but at Mountain Air Heating and Cooling, we have more than 40 years of experience in the industry. We’ll provide you with fast, courteous service at a price you can afford.
Furnace Service & Maintenance in New Market, Va
The best way to save money on furnace repair in the long run is to make sure that you have your unit serviced and maintained regularly. There are plenty of things that you can do at home, such as change the filter once every six to 12 weeks (or whenever it is dirty) and keep things clean. However, when it comes to the internal parts of your furnace, we’re here to help. We offer up a complete checkup including cleaning, filter replacement, inspection and adjustment of fan belts, lubrication of moving parts, diagnostic testing, and much, much more. Such maintenance can catch potentially detrimental issues early, thereby saving you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repair costs.
Furnace Repair – What to Expect
No matter what you do to prevent it, there will inevitably come a time when your furnace will need to be repaired. We are experienced with many different types of furnaces, including gas and electric, so we can not only diagnose the problem quickly, but we can also repair it in no time. We source our parts from reputable manufacturers so you won’t have to wait long for repairs, and we are available around the clock to provide you with service, whether it’s a weekend, the middle of the night, or even a holiday. The cost associated with repairing your furnace can vary based on many different factors, but it can range from about $77 for a simple fix to as much as $700 for something more complex.
When to Call for Furnace Repair:
There are many different symptoms that your furnace will exhibit if it is in need of repair. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- The unit doesn’t kick on or won’t stay on. This can be caused by a variety of things, including wiring issues, a bad fan motor, or even your thermostat.
- You hear noises. Sometimes, a noisy furnace is the first sign that something has gone awry. Knocking, pinging, or grinding sounds are the most common, and they can signify any number of problems from a loose belt to a broken component.
- The pilot light is yellow. When the pilot light is burning yellow instead of a purplish-blue, it indicates that the gas flow is not balanced properly or that there is carbon monoxide present.
- You feel poorly. A crack in the heat exchanger can cause serious health problems since it allows carbon monoxide to leak out into your home or business. If you feel out of breath, have respiratory issues, or simply don’t feel well, this could be the cause.
- The electricity or gas bill skyrockets. Sometimes, the only sign that there is something wrong with your furnace is a higher-than-normal utility bill. This is often an indicator that your furnace is not working at its peak efficiency, which means that something has gone wrong.
If you are experiencing an issue with the furnace in your home or place of business, we are always happy to help. Feel free to give us a call or send us an email so that we can provide you with an estimate and get your furnace back in tip-top shape as quickly as possible.